Lift Chair Rentals
Benefits of a Lift Chair
Lift chairs are chairs that feature a powered lifting mechanism that pushes the entire chair up from its base and assists the user to an upright position. The reverse action allows the user to sit or recline with little or no effort.
Reasons to Use a Lift Chair
- Sleep apnea is characterized by pauses in breathing at night. It causes shallow breathing. Obstructive sleep apnea is often caused by being overweight. In obstructive sleep apnea, sleeping in a chair may help because it keeps you more upright and the throat tissues cannot press down on your breathing passages. This makes breathing easier.
- Lift chairs may be convenient for individuals with mobility problems due to arthritis or chronic pain when rising to a standing position is difficult and requires assistance.
- Acid Reflux (stomach acid gets into the esophagus), at any age, can be a problem. When sleeping in a Lift Chair with the head slightly raised, the stomach acid remains in the stomach.
- Heart disease may cause a person to gasp for air when lying flat, a slight elevation of the headrest may improve breathing.
The Purchase Decision
Lift chairs come in various models, fabrics and color options. Lift chairs are stylish and comfortable as well as being functional and will fit with any home décor.
To be certain a lift chair is right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will you or your loved one benefit from having a lift chair?
- Will it provide more comfort and help to relieve pain?
- Will it help you rise from the seated position?
- Is it important that you recline and put your feet up?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes” view our lift chair selection and choice the one that is right for you or your loved one or stop in to try the various lift chairs we carry and make your purchase decision!
The Rental Option
If you have recently had surgery, the use of a lift chair may be beneficial for a short period of time. Because of the temporary need for a Lift Chair, Apex Pharmacy offers Lift Chair Rental and you can conveniently reserve a chair online!
If you have questions, contact us online, by phone, (203) 281-6571, Toll Free at (800) 426-2831 or stop in and talk with one of our knowledgeable staff members. for more information.